One of the most important elements of our trips to Latvia is PRAYER! We’ve recruited a Prayer Team who are committed to praying over this trip. Here is the praise report and list of requests that went out to the team today. Please pray with us — there can never be too much prayer!
Praise God for what He has already done! At this point we have our team members, airline tickets, and an apartment in Riga for the team all lined up. We also have reserved the volleyball courts and a nearby gathering hall thanks to our partner Gatis in Latvia. Our Matthews Church Coordinator, Arnija, is hard at work bringing together many details. Praise God!
- Pray for Carol Schaudt, Laura Schaudt, Brian Schaudt and Audrey Smith that God would prepare each of them for this trip.
- We need translators in Latvia – I’m guessing at least four, one for each team member. Pray that God will provide just the right persons to be alongside the team in Lativa.
- There will be an over and above offering received at the end of May to help with expenses related to this trip. Pray that God will orchestrate just the right amount to cover the camp expenses.
- This weekend Carol and Laura will create a logo for the camp. This will be used on camp t-shirts, registration and promotional materials, etc. Pray for creativity and a logo that will capture the essence of this camp. The name of the camp is “Volleyball Day Camp” and the theme is “Building Body, Mind and Heart” or in Latvian, “Volejbola Dienas Nometne: Veidojot Kermeni, Prātu un Sirdi”.
- Pray for the overall goals of this trip – to continue building relationship with Matthews Church and to connect some unbelieving children and their families with Matthews Church with the hope of their salvation.
Thank you for your prayers!