Carol Schaudt, Brian Schaudt, and Audrey Smith
The Suburban Latvia Link Volleyball Camp Team is off! A small group of us gathered this morning to pray and wish Carol, Brian, Audrey and Laura (via FaceTime) Godspeed as they head to Latvia. Laura is already in Portland, so she is going to ‘Uber’ it over to the airport to meet the team.
Today would you please join in praying for travel mercies, good connections, and legroom? The team has already been provided TSA Pre-Check (thank you Lord), so that will speed them along as they check in today.
Tomorrow our Latvia connections Arnija and Gatis will pick the team up at the Riga, Latvia airport — 5,000 miles away from home! Aren’t today’s travel capabilities amazing?! By the way, many thanks to Rodney and Logan Knous for taking the team to the airport. 🙂
Carol Schaudt, Brian Schaudt, Audrey Smith with Laura Schaudt on FaceTime
This is happening! On Thursday morning this week Suburban’s Volleyball Camp team heads to PDX and then off to Riga! The camp starts next Monday, June 13 and continues through Friday, June 17. We covet your prayers!
- T-shirts are ordered
- There are 40 campers registered
- The on-the-ground schedule is arranged to include a pre-camp meeting on Saturday
- Travel to and from the airports is arranged
- The over and above offering was very generous
- That God will provide for all financial eventualities.
- That each team member, American and Latvian, will “conduct themselves in a manner worthy of the gospel and stand firm in the one Spirit, striving together as one for the faith of the gospel.” (Philippians 1:27)
- That all volunteer resources needed will be present and nothing will interfere with their participation.
- For travel mercies and a rich time of all around blessing for our team and those partnering in Latvia.
- That all involved in this 12 day adventure will have FUN!
- That God would continue to build the relationships between Matthews Church and Suburban Christian Church during this trip.
Thank you for your partnership in praying for and supporting this trip. Stay tuned — Carol will post as often as possible during the trip. The schedule will be VERY full, so pray that she will be able to find time to update us – BUT regardless of if we hear from her or don’t, please keep praying!